2.19.2009



I remember listening to Queen when I was little (my dad introduced me to so much great music, thanks Dad!) and loving this song, and thinking I wanted it played at my wedding reception. I was never that little girl dreaming of her Special Day where she gets to be a Princess with the flowers, dress, perfect groom. I just wanted to listen to Queen at my reception.
Sounds about right.

A good friend of mine just stopped by with her new PUPPY and let me tell ya... melted my heart. Bigtime. I'm such a sucker. She was so wiggly and sqirmy and happy when I picked her up. It's amazing how animals can sense a human's emotions and completely act on them. Because I sure was wiggly and sqirmy and happy to see her too.
Other good news my friend had: she just bought a house. 2 miles from my house! So her and her family are moving down by me in a couple months and this is more amazing than you'll ever know. I'm so glad I'll have them close. This girl has been my best friend for 20 years, and lately we've grown apart for some reason (busy lives, time flying by, etc) so I'm happy.

I ran into a guy I went to high school with at the gym. Back in high school, he was the typical popular jock, sorta bad boy, sort of a dick. We got along in high school, but there's no way he would have given me the time of day. Now, he's chubby and balding and he decides to ask me out. I lied and said I had a boyfriend. I'll wait until the gym action kicks in for him and he loses some lbs, then maybe say yes. I know, I know... I'm shallow. But seriously, he is more than a little overweight. I can handle a little, but you know. Plus a part of me is thinking 10 years ago if I would have asked him out, he would have laughed in my face. So yeah. Ironic I guess.

Anyway, everyone should listen to more QUEEN. It makes life a little better. Go do it. Now.

1 comment:

Nietzsche's Girl said...

Hey Amber,

I emailed you twice last week, and I'm not sure if they're getting through... can you check your junk mail?