2.05.2009

Oh I forgot to tell you about visiting my grandma at the nursing home. She lives in the crazy section, and she is probably the most lucid and normal of everyone there. I love going to see her because she tells the best stories ever, even if they aren't always true.
I also hate going to see her in that place, but that's another thing for another time.
So, in her mind some of the other resisidents there are people she knows from her past. They are always people that used to be her neighbors or co-workers back when she was a nurse in Chicago. Everytime I go there, she tells me about a new person and how she used to know them.
This last time, as a woman strode up and down the hall wearing a pink helmet, my grandma told me that that woman used to live on her street. Her name was Carla and she was a bitch. She always had more money than my grandma and always rubbed it in her face. Carla is a Christian goody good that thinks she knows religion better than my grandma.
Apparently, the nurses should really watch out because Florence is about to throw down with Carla.
My grandma also has a coffee club everyday with a group of women. They had to kick someone out because she refused to talk and join in the conversation. IF this coffee club actually takes place, I feel sorry for that woman because my guess is she isn't able to talk.
There is also a rich Texan man named Joe who lives there. He's in the oil industry. He recently asked my grandma to marry him and presented her with a huge ring. She said no.
She also told me about how her aunt (her mother's sister) got it on with Buffalo Bill and probably had his love child. She would never reveal the babies father, she took it to her death bed. But she did keep a diary and SHE HAD SEX WITH BUFFALO BILL. How crazy is that?
And what's really crazy is that story is actually true. My mom confirmed it.
So those were some fun times at the nursing home and I really love my grandma.

No comments: